BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meeting my maker.


One minute I was standing on a ladder and the next I was in his arms and kissing him. How did that happen? I've been asking myself that same question since it happened. Before I knew it I was in my office and we were naked. Not that I minded or anything. I mean, seriously, have you seen Killian?

But, even that doesn't make it okay for me to be having sex with him when my husband is missing. What I didn't know at the time was that I couldn't have resisted him even if I'd wanted to. Scary thing is, I wanted to be with him. Thinking back, I've wanted to be with him since he first appeared in town. I never acted on it of course. I love Draven. I always have.

Then, one night I woke to find my hubbypire missing. Yes, missing. It got complicated after that. I started spending more and more time with Killian. He made me happy. He still makes me happy. I find comfort in his arms and he smells just like Dusk. Yes, I know I sound crazy now, but remember Vampires have a good sense of smell.

Then, it got even more intense. Chase hated Killian. Mom wasn't his biggest fan. I was the only one who seemed to like him. Or I did until I woke screaming in pain and knew it was Draven. I could feel his pain, hear his growl. Killian held me and offered comfort. Until I decided to go search for Draven myself.

That started World War 3 in the Blood household. Killian argued that it was too dangerous. I argued that Draven was my husband and I was going no matter what. We were still arguing and I'd almost given in when Chase and Mom arrived. I was distracted and not really paying attention, so I didn't notice that they both looked sad and more than a little nervous. I wasn't listening to Chase or Mom as they spoke and it wasn't until Mom handed me that fucking box that I knew what they were trying to say.

I didn't believe them. My Dusk is not gone. I'd know it if he were. Killian would know it. So when I saw his ring and those ashes, I knew it was a warning. He is not final dead. I'll never believe it. I became more determined than ever to go find him. I grabbed Chase and was on my way out the door when IT happened.

Killian spoke. No, Killian commanded me to stop. AND I FROZE. I mean, literally froze where I was standing. It felt as though someone had climbed on my chest and was holding me in place. My body would not move.

I became frantic. I had no fucking clue what was happening to me. I looked from Killian to Mom and back again over and over. I was pleading with Mom to tell me what was happening. I'd never felt this before. I was terrified for the first time since I was turned.

Six words cleared it all up. Six words I never would've expected to come out of Killian's mouth directed at ME. Those words will haunt me til the day I meet final death.

"As your maker I command you...."

It didn't matter what came after them. It all clicked. The call of my maker was too strong to deny. As it dawned on me, my body was moving to his side. And at his side I would remain as I was commanded to do. I stared at him in disbelief and shock.

Killian is my maker.

There was no denying it. I am the Child of my bonded's Child.

When I figure out how and why, you'll be the first to know. Until then, well, I'll just be Sun, Child of Killian.

0 comments: